Prep your Items
All items should be cleaned and clothing should be wrinkle free. The extra steps you take in making your items look their best, the better they will sell. Our customers are expecting a higher quality than garage sales, so please take the time to make your items shine!
Recalls – Before starting, check to see if any of your items have been recalled. It is your responsibility to make sure none of your items have been recalled. Please check out our Safety & Recall Info page for information on some specific items and for resources to check on the status of your items.
All clothing must be clean and without stains, tears or missing buttons. Make sure to secure all buttons, zippers and snaps.
- Make sure all matching hats, socks, etc. are securely attached to the same hanger with safety pins.
- Place all clothing on size appropriate hangers; please use small child size hangers for baby clothing and other small sized items. Plastic hangers are preferable and can be purchased at most stores; some children’s stores will give you their hangers for free. When you pick-up your unsold items at the end of the sale, you will be able to take home hangers to use in the next sale.
- Hang all clothes on the hanger with the hook pointing to the left (like a ? (question mark) ) and place the item tag on the right shoulder of the garment. Pants must be pinned to a hanger, not folded over, as they tend to end up on the floor. For sets, hang the shirt on the hanger and then turn the hanger over and pin the pants – facing out.
- Please check out our Safety & Recall page for information regarding drawstring clothing.
- Secure shoes together. Zip ties work best, but you can also tie the laces together or use ribbon. Punch a hole in the tag and attach it with a zip tag or ribbon. Use Ziploc bags for small shoes with the tag taped or pinned to the outside. You can group several pairs of baby shoes or booties together in a bag as they may sell better this way.
Toys & Equipment
- Everything must be clean and in working order, with working batteries included and assembled. Cheap batteries are available at the dollar store. Small parts must be bagged and attached to the main part very securely; use Ziploc bags if you need to. With large items and toys, be sure to place your consignor number and price on a recipe/index card and tape securely in case the small tag comes off; that way we’ll know it’s yours!
Puzzles & Games
- Wooden puzzles sell well when wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, so a customer can see that all the pieces are included. Games need to be complete and have the instructions. Large rubber bands work well on boxes to keep them together.
DVDs, CDs, Video Games & Books
- All need to be in their original packaging. Attach the tag to the outside of package with tape. Book tags can be attached with blue painters tape so it will not ruin the item. Please make sure you give a detailed description of the book title on the tag. That way if the tag gets separated we can find the item. Smaller books can be grouped together in a large, clear plastic bag with a tag attached on the outside.
- All car seats must meet these requirements – Consignor must be original owner, less than 5 years old, never been in an accident and has not been recalled. They must also have the original sticker on the base that gives the manufacturer information. Consignors will also be asked to fill out a Car Seat Waiver. This can be brought to drop off or filled out while there. Please check out our Safety & Recall page for more information regarding car seats.
- Furniture must be assembled. Please bring it assembled or allow for extra time at drop off to assemble it yourself. The tag must be securely attached to the item with tape, zip ties or pins. If there are multiple items being sold together with one price, please state how many items are in the set in the description of the tag. Make only one tag and mark the other pieces of the set with index card indicating your consignor number and the item description. Please check out our Safety & Recall page for more information regarding cribs.